The seaside village and boats of Italy, Greece and Egypt have used simple awnings for thousands of years to block the sun. The materials have gotten more durable, the styles more graceful, but the key reasons for using awnings are still the same:
- Control the amount of light indoors
- Reduce temperatures both indoors and outdoors (up to 20 degrees)
- Protect people and furnishings from damaging UV rays, glare, sun and heat
- Increase outdoor living space
- Rain protection: easy to keep light rain off decks, balconies, hot tubs and driveways
- Save on electricity and air-conditioning costs
Please visit our Awning Styles / Gallery for more information and photos. We will be happy to answer any questions and provide you with more information.